Countdown to Reservations End Date
This 6 day course builds upon the knowledge covered in Day Skipper Theory, providing advanced training for more experienced skippers with the aim to provide you will the skills to safely navigate coastal and offshore passages by day or night. A variety of navigation techniques using different aids including electronic chart plotters are covered, with other subject areas including:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
This course is assessed by 3 exams on the last day and provides the level of theory knowledge required for the Advanced Powerboat, Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams.
Price includes tea, coffe and soft drinks, course work books and charts.