This 2 Day Course which involves at least one night navigation exercise is 50% theoretical and 50% practical, and leads to an RYA Advanced Powerboat Course Completion Certificate.
If you require and Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence, you will undertake an examination by an RYA examiner, taken the following day by an RYA examiner requiring a £185 exam fee payable to the RYA and a £100 fee for use of our Rib (including fuel).
To take this course you will be required to have: have undertaken the Yachtmaster/Coastal Shore Based theory course and have, as a guide, the following:
- Undertaken the Yachtmaster/Coastal Shorebased Theory course
- 2 years of relevant experience
- As a guide, 30 days, 2 days as skipper, 800 miles, 12 night hours. All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- A valid first aid certificate
- A GMDSS Short Range Certificate (SRC) or higher grade of marine radio certificate