Countdown to Reservations End Date
This 6 day theory course gives advanced training for more experienced skippers, building on the Day Skipper course. We equip you with the skills to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages and take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams.
As with the Day Skipper shorebased course, the RYA's specially designed chart plotter software will be used during the course to give you a realistic taste of modern electronic navigation.
Course topics include:
• position fixing
• course shaping and plotting
• tidal knowledge
• use of almanacs and admiralty publications
• electronic position finding equipment
• taking and interpreting forecasts
• plotting weather systems
• weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
• collision regulations
• customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
Price includes tea/coffee, course workbooks & charts. Free loan of navigation instruments if required. You will need to bring a notepad and pen with you and sometimes a calculator is useful.